My promises to you:
- I will be truthful about what I can offer you, and about my qualifications and experience.
- I will acknowledge the efforts of those who have gone before me and from whom I am learning.
- If I feel that personal issues are getting in the way of my ability to coach you, I will seek assistance from another certified coach or counselor and decide if I need to terminate the coaching relationship.
- I will keep my conversations with you, and any records of those conversations, confidential within the limits of the law. And if I feel that I need to share information with another person, I will gain your agreement first.
- Prior to or at the initial meeting, I will carefully explain to you the nature of coaching, the nature and limits of confidentiality, financial arrangements, and any other terms of our coaching agreement or contract.
- I will not make promises about what you will receive from me as a coach. I will coach to the best of my ability and the benefits you receive are mainly a function of your own desire to succeed.
- I will honor agreements and contracts with you.
- If you wish to terminate the coaching relationship, I will honor that wish. In fact, I will encourage you to make a change if I feel that you would be best served through another resource.
I subscribe to the International Coach Federation code of ethics.